Personal Data Protection Policy
1. Denyo United Machinery Pte Ltd is incorporated in Singapore and operates as a subsidiary of Denyo Group. The ultimate holding company, Denyo Co., Ltd., is one of Japan’s leading manufacturers of engine-driven generators, welders and air compressors. Denyo United Machinery is the Regional Distributor for Denyo Co Ltd in the Asia Pacific region, specialising in delivering mobile power solutions to various deployment needs: from heavy construction, shipbuilding, oil and gas, telecommunication to event organisation.
2. By continuing to use the product and services of Denyo United Machinery, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to Denyo United Machinery’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data as described in this Policy.
Information we may collect from you
3. Denyo United Machinery may collect the following data about you either directly from you, from your authorised representatives from third parties, or publicly available sources:
- Personal information (such as your name, NRIC, telephone number, vehicle number, photographs, video and CCTV footage).
- Records from discussions or correspondences, including details obtained through customer satisfaction or other surveys.
- Details of your product and services from Denyo United Machinery.
- Information derived from cookies (small text files which uniquely identify your browser) where you visit any website or use any application created by or on behalf of the Denyo United Machinery.
- Information you provide to Denyo United Machinery in relation to the provision of any product and services from Denyo United Machinery to you.
Use and disclosure of personal data collected
4. You agree that Denyo United Machinery may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve Denyo United Machinery product and services including fulfilling audit requirements, performing creditworthiness checks and billing services (including debt recovery).
- To compile information for analysis and in reports to our regulatory agencies.
- To conduct surveys, obtain feedback, provide you with information, products or services from Denyo United Machinery or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out your instructions or to respond to enquiries.
- To comply with any requirements obligations or arrangements for using or disclosing data that applies to any member of the Denyo United Machinery due to applicable laws, regulations or industry codes.
- For internal management of the product and services being provided to you.
- To maintain the security of our premises.
- To facilitate attendance at events/functions organised by us.
- To provide training and apply for grants.
- To carry out analytics, research, planning and statistical assessment.
- To develop new product and services.
- For other purposes as reasonably required to provide services to you.
5. In addition, you agree that Denyo United Machinery may disclose your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data where we believe that we are under a legal obligation to disclose; in order to enforce or apply agreed terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, security or safety of Denyo United Machinery members, our customers, or premises, or others. The foregoing includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry.
- To third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) or within the Denyo United Machinery for any of the purposes described above. Where Denyo United Machinery discloses your personal data to third parties, Denyo United Machinery shall ensure that such data is used only to provide product and services to Denyo United Machinery.
Storage of data, information security and applicability to third parties
6. The data we collect from you may be transferred to, processed, and stored at, multiple destinations worldwide. Denyo United Machinery will take all steps as required by mandatory Singapore law in connection with any transfer of such data overseas.
7. Denyo United Machinery will make reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar activities to protect your personal data in Denyo United Machinery’s possession or under Denyo United Machinery’s control.
8. Denyo United Machinery will require these data protection standards to be observed by external parties who provide services to Denyo United Machinery and/or to whom we disclose your personal data, but we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for any actions or omissions of third parties.
11. Access to personal information 11. At your request, we will provide access to your personal data, save that in specified circumstances your access may be subject to fees to meet our costs.
12. Denyo United Machinery may modify this Policy at any time by giving you notice through our website. Continued use of any Denyo United Machinery services after such written notification has been sent, signifies acceptance of any such modification.
Questions, Application for Access/Correction, Withdrawal of consent, Personal Data Retention and Disposal
13. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy, you may contact us at:
Mail: Data Protection Officer Denyo United Machinery Pte Ltd. Address: 9 Neythal Road, Singapore 628614
14. Please also contact Denyo United Machinery DPO if you would like to apply for access/correction of your own personal data or if you would like us to cease use of your personal data for any purpose.
15. We will try to respond to your question or request promptly. We may however, depending on the nature of the question or request, need up to 30 days to provide you an estimate of when we will be able to respond to you.